Friday, February 20, 2009

the beginning

Ahoy there,

It's me. I've moved on because xanga has gotten tired. I mean, with the whole design upgrade and expansion thing, it just seems overdone. Perhaps it's just me-- and I can take most sugary coated trendy pop-culture hullabaloo-- but the front page is just filled with junk. Sure, the flashy, eye catching titles may draw you in, but there's little substance behind each post and even a serious titled post ends up being a ZOMG LAWLS picture-fest of fails. In particular, in my mind it has kind of been branded as being much more emo, and geared to younger audiences who are barraged and have grown up in a media-based and express-yourself-through-myspace culture. I think to some effect that's what LiveJournal was, but it's a little older and has not hyped itself much after a while.

I hope to utilize this blog more often than my old one.
Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment