Thursday, September 24, 2009

fall again

Ahh it's fall again.

At first I was reluctant to let summer go, but school starting up again has been a welcome distraction from being caught up in over analyzing aspects of things I believe, but not coming to anything conclusive. Sure, there will be stressful things this quarter, but it'll a different kind of mental stress not attached as strongly to emotion. I'm saying this now as part of the "pwnage" stage of quarter when I think I can excel in all of my classes. The next stage will be the disarming stage where I start mildly doubting, which is then followed by the panic (midterms stage where doubt is full blown, and concluding with the acceptance phase where I bite the bullet and basically predict my grade before finals.

I just filled out a request for graduation evaluation. I still need to turn it in, but I can't believe it, really. It just doesn't feel like I have learned all that much from these years that will qualify me to look good in front of potential employers. Even if I do finish in the planned amount of time, I know I still won't feel adequately prepared enough for "the real world." Ugh. I have to pay back the loans I have somehow, right?

It's been kind of weird for me to see this verse popping up from different sources this week.
Jeremiah 29:11-13-- 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Before, when I thought about these verses, I would kind of break them apart and focus on them separately, like only about Him having a plan, but not the seeking/finding part and vice-versa. It's a good reminder for me to read things in context and not just pick a single verse out and isolate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment